With all the certification-compliant best practices enshrined in our QMS, SFO software development process is well equipped for delivering quality software to the customers as part of our end-to-end solution delivery.
The project management process is well defined with the principles of project planning, project monitoring and control, risk management, configuration management and metrics analysis. The projects are executed as per the different software development methodologies, both generic like waterfall, iterative and incremental models and custom defined workflows as per the project characteristics.
The Quality & Testing Group (QTG) primarily focuses on internal quality Assurance and software testing activities in SFO. QTG manages the processes and procedures for organizational activities and provides assistance to maintain the requisite standard of quality in every aspect of organizational functioning. SFO QTG employs a wide range of highly experienced consultants and trainers, with proven track-record in the area of processes and procedures for getting and maintaining certifications like CMMI, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 26262, ISO 13485, TL 9000,TS 16949, ASPICE etc. to look after Quality Assurance (QA) while an independent team of experienced testers looks after the Quality Control (QC) aspect. In addition to this, services of our QA and QC professionals are made available to other software and related companies too. The Quality Management System of the organization is owned and maintained by the Engineering Process Group (EPG) which comprises of the senior members of the organization. For the effective implementation of focus areas, EPG has different subcommittees as listed below:
- Estimation Committee responsible for streamlining, reviewing and defining the estimation methods.
- High Maturity Committee to ensure that the Level % practices of CMMI is getting practised throughout the projects in the different Business Units.
- Knowledge Management Committee – shall ensure to have a good and usable Knowledge Management repository for the organization
- Process Improvement Committee – responsible for maintaining process improvement proposals repository, analyzing proposals received and institutionalizing selected proposals
- Tools Expert Committee responsible for institutionalizing the tools inside the organization
- V&V (Verification and Validation) committee shall focus on improving the review and testing process in the projects across the Business Units.
- Software Process Improvement Committee (SPICE) – – responsible for ensuring that the process is implemented inside the business units
- Task Forces – Task Forces are short term committees created to achieve certain improvements.
EPG reports to Quality Management System Implementation (QMSI) which is the apex body tasked with oversight of the software organization and management of the various software projects.
SFO’s Independent Testing Team, staffed with ISTQB-certified professionals and automation experts, provides the following testing services to all our projects across the domains namely, Healthcare, Transportation, Communications, Aerospace & Defence, Energy & Industrial.
- Functional Testing
- Test Automation
- Security Testing
- Performance Testing
- Load Testing
- Stress Testing
Indicative testing tools competencies:
- Rational Functional Tester
- Quick Test Professional (QTP)/Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
We have built different test automation frameworks which will support continuous integration and virtualization of the software. SFO also renders Third Party Testing services and also provide staff augmentation services which involve manpower placements at onsite for testing the customer products. Our test engineers are deployed in different testing projects which are directly controlled by the customer. This helps our customers concentrate on their core expertise of development and ensures delivery of bug-free software to their clients.